Monday 6 May 2013

I use my experiences to connect with people and it shows others we can change and be an example


Max Tucker
03/05/2013

My name is Max,

I’ve been volunteering at user voice for nearly 8 months now and I have found that it's been a really valuable experience in my life. I have really enjoyed working on the London probation project.

I love working with the service users in probation of course it can be challenging but that’s par for the course- as a service user & ex offender and recovering addict myself  I can use my experiences to connect with people and it shows others we can change and be an example.

I love to see people try to help themselves, and when we are all working together alongside probation I get great fulfillment when the service users are enjoying what they are taking part in and seeing people that think they have nothing to offer or nothing to say smile and tell me that they really enjoyed that!!!  “MAKES ME HAPPY”

No comments:

Post a Comment